Saturday, May 23, 2009

some memories.

Lately I've been remembering the strangest things...I'm slightly encouraged about this (I have real fear that most of my childhood is forgotten) yet oddly disturbed by these...

memory #1. I once danced in front of my high school to the song "Eye of the Tiger."

memory #2. When I was 10 yrs old I was asked to watch 5 babies in an upstairs bedroom for a short time, I came up with an idea to put them all on a very tall bed (I thought we'd be cozy up there together). As I began placing them on the bed, I watched in horror as they fell off like dominos, then lied to their parents when they came upstairs to find their children in tears!

memory #3. I got a hamster stuck in a glass jar and pulled it out by it's tail, as the children I was babysitting for, cried in horror.

memory #4. My brother got his new bike stolen on his 7th birthday (???) by two kids. One said, "Come here, I have to tell you a funny joke..." (Jay ran over, eagerly) while the other kid sped away on his shiny new red bike. not my memory, but still a memory.

memory#5. I loved bubble gum when I was little (still do) and I used to eat it, store it in my cheeks at night, fall asleep, only to wake up with gooey gum in my long brown hair! Mom grounded me from chewing gum for one whole year! After the year was up, I kept a jar under my bed with all my used gum because I liked it's colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment